Tuesday, August 18, 2009

one,



3 years ago, when I was once a happily single gal, I used to spend forever talking about future to my gals - Le, Mery and Nant. Our longest dinners with mosquitoes biting all over our legs in that empty dining hall were always filled with laughters and silliest confessions. I still remember vividly how crazy Nant all drove us with her cutest love stories of her parents, some of those we could only wish to have found in some sort of Korean dramas.

My parents were divorced by that time, that's why I had such a thing for inspiring love stories. Listening to them could me feel happy for days, weeks, months, much more than the kind of rush getting a new phone or a new piece of jewelry could ever bring. Nant often dreamed of a guy who was as cute as her dad, as smart as her dad, as perfect as her dad; Le and Mery dreamed of a handsome face who would never smile (yeah, their definition of COOLNESS after watching too many Korean dramas). And me. After a long list of personal traits I drew out for my ideal guy, I realized there was only one thing I really needed. That's Love. And nothing else.

Well, we, four of us girls, never shared the same interest in any kind of things anyway. But we remained so close together. Til the very last day I left that island.

I was brought to him just like that.
Well, we had been friends for 2 years up to that point. Not much, but enough. We were batchmates, who only got the chance to meet 4 to 5 times a year after 3 months of ELBC - 3 months in which we were forced to face each other every single day. Yeah, those were the times we got so bored of each other that we had no idea how to treasure the moments 25 of us could be as a whole.
Well, if you're thinking I could have recalled perfectly to the littlest details how we first met. Then you're wrong. I absolutely had no idea, even the slightest one, about him, about that first day we met. Painful!

Anyway, 3 months being a part of VCC, trying to adjust and cope with the brand new independence, there were too many things to learn, too many cool people to make friends with. And he, stood a really special place, for being the Perfect Boyfriend any girl on earth could ever dream of.

He had a girlfriend, who stayed back home, and who was mentioned about Every Single Day in his conversations with anybody. He told us endless stories about her, about the way she sat with her legs folded together in the weirdest way, about the shy smiles she refused to let him see, about her voice, her walk, ... too frequently that we felt like we knew her better than any kind of close friends she got. He got us all burnt out with jealousy. Who wouldn't want a boyfriend like that one day, who would never get tired of being crazy about us like that?

But long distance relationship was hard.
Not very long later, she left him for somebody else.


It had nothing to do with my life back in those days.


Cos I was too busy trying to be a girlfriend of P.

No comments:

Post a Comment