Wednesday, December 2, 2009

One last night.

Every night, 12 sharp, the voice of that man i haven't had the chance to see once, echoes like an alarm - "Bánh bao đê!!!". Every night, no matter it's a hot summer night or it's the unbearable hours of Hanoi's winter, he never missed my street once.


It's like an alarm telling me to go to bed early, every night.
And it's just a story I wanna tell.


It's our anniversary of 1 year 11 months being together.
He's out drinking and I'm in such a bad mood for receiving the very first grade, a B for Micro-Econs, when the majority of my class got an A. It wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't tried that hard for this. But I really did. And still, I wasn't good enough.

Well, I hate for being this selfish when all I wanna do is to talk to him.


But he's just not there.
He totally deserves it in every way I know I know.
And I have no right to feel anything other than OK about this, even just a slightest bit. That's what I'm trying to tell myself.

Since when have I become this obsessive and selfish? I have no idea.


I won't text him another traditionally cheesy text just like we always do every anni. He's in a pub anyway.


And I should go to bed.
I have an early day tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I loveeeeeee the way you gently admonish me baby! I see no capital word, accusation or mocking, yet I feels as if I must have done all sort of terrible things on earth to have let you down like this. But in the end you did text me a "traditional" cheesy message =) that was lovely =)

    Don't be emo okay? I hope you are not, cos you are seeing kq and daddy today right? =)

    And I will get a calling card today, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete